I could not possibly hold onto this anymore. After about 3 months of very caring testing of the Community, nurturing, launches, 4 betas and 2 Release Candidates, it’s with extreme pleasure that I can finally announce the so much awaited (and hopefully the best to date) Christmas present for all Alfresco developers out there: the Alfresco SDK 2.0.0 is now released and available in Maven Central!
Here all the details for this release:
- Alfresco SDK 2.0.0 available in Central Search (direct repo browse) for direct usage in your Maven build
- Archetypes (AMP, Share, All-in-One) directly available in your Maven installation, online casino just one mvn archetype:generate away
- Alfresco SDK 2.0.0 Release Notes
- Official Alfresco Documentation for Alfresco SDK 2.0.0
- Alfresco SDK 2.0.0 Tag in Github
- Compatible with Alfresco Community 5.0.c and Alfresco Enterprise 5.0. Check here for the details of what features we tested.
Apart from some major internal refactoring to simplify POMs, maximize OOTB cross IDE (tested with Eclipse Luna and IDEA) compatibility and improve performances, key features for this release include (but are not limited to):
- All Alfresco SDK 2.0.0-beta-4 features, including hot Java code reloading, native IDE integration, a Share AMP archetype and remote JUnit testing,
- Simplification of Enterprise development, with the introduction of a -Penterprise profile to simply configure your build to work against Alfresco Enterprise 5.0.
- Embedded h2 database support, deprecating the external project alfresco-h2-support … thank Carlo for filling this gap for way too long already!
I really do hope this is a welcomed and so much needed addition to the Alfresco Development ecosystem and just the first step in my new Product Management career towards an ever improving developer experience on top of the coolest ECM framework out there!
Looking forward to your feedback here in the comments or even better as issues or contributions to the Alfresco SDK Github project.
Happy Holidays, now off to some well deserved rest since next year is going to be full of exciting challenges!